Lars is attorney-at-law based in Vienna and regularly advises multinational groups of companies on Austrian and international tax matters, including tax litigation and arbitration. He is founder of GLAESER LAW Tax Boutique, a law firm specialized on Austrian and international tax law and regularly advising on indirect tax and customs matters with a specific focus on international supply chains.
Before founding GLAESER LAW Tax Boutique, Lars spent over eight years in the international tax practice of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and more than four years co-heading the tax department of an internationally active Austrian law firm. Before his professional career, Lars worked for more than four years as assistant at the University of Linz and as research associate of the International Fiscal Association (IFA) at the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD) in Amsterdam. In addition to his law degrees (Mag. iur. and Dr. iur), Lars also holds a degree in business administration (Mag. rer. soc. oec.) from the University of Linz. Besides regularly speaking at international conferences, he has authored and co-authored numerous articles, books and commentaries.
By way of reference, besides day-to-day advice on indirect tax and customs matters, some of the most recent mandates of GLAESER LAW Tax Boutique include the following:
- Australian stock-listed chemical group on the customs treatment of imports from China via Great Britain after Brexit under the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement (application of preferential rates and rule of origin).
- Application to the European Commission regarding a tariff suspension for the import of preliminary products from China.
- Asian stock-listed hardware and electronics group on the VAT treatment of cross-border supplies of goods and imports from China in connection with tax audit and tax court proceedings.
- Indonesian heat and power generation solutions provider on the export of industrial machinery from Austria to South-East Asia.
- Austrian importer of goods from China on the customs treatment of retrospective import price amendments.
- Representation of an Austrian private individual importer of goods in customs appeal proceedings regarding the refund of customs duty on the import of art.